“Dear Lord, we pray for students and teachers going back to school this week. We pray for their health and safety. Please protect the families of the students and teachers as they return home each day and keep them safe. God, we pray for the students who will be doing school virtually, from home; we pray that they have the resources they need to do their best work and be successful.”
I know there are many things you have to read in this week’s Weekly Word in order to have a smooth transition back to school. So, I will make this brief — I forgot to say that September 9, 10, and 11 can be dress down days for the students and on September 14th all students should be in full uniform — knee socks not necessary until cooler weather occurs.
The real purpose of this is simply to welcome all of you back to school. The teachers and I are happy and excited to get this most unusual year going. So happy in fact, I would ask you to click the link below to see for yourselves just how happy we are!
ORIENTATION SCHEDULE FOR THIS WEEK
Orientation Grades 5, 6, 7, 8 NO BUSES (dismissal 11:00 a.m.)
Orientation for Kindergarten(times arranged by teacher)
Orientation Grades 3 and 4 NOBUSES(dismissal 11:00 a.m.)
Orientation Grades 1 and 2 NO BUSES (dismissal 11:00 a.m.)
Orientation for PreSchool (times arranged by teacher)
FALL 2020 PROCEDURES
PLEASE REMEMBER ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A WAIVER AND MASK WHEN DROPPED OFF FOR ORIENTATION. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FORM FROM THE WEBSITE.
1. ABSENCES – We are asking parents this year to please email school instead of calling when your child will be absent by 8:30 a.m. Please direct your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate your child’s name and grade/class and reason for being absent. This will be checked by the nurse. Kindly avoid calling school.
2. FRONT DESK – For safety sake, when school starts we will not have anyone manning the phone/desk at the station in the lobby. Therefore, we are asking that you please arrange for your child’s way home before he/she leaves for school. If you must change the way your child is going home, please email the teacher prior to 12:30. We cannot guarantee that emails will be checked after 12:30. Please do not call school since we are trying to avoid going into classrooms. Teacher’s emails are on the website.
3. LUNCHES – Students should bring their lunch/snack to school. There will be no food available in the cafeteria. Please try and establish a routine since no one will be allowed into classrooms with forgotten lunches.
4. WAIVERS – Please remember to fill out and sign your waiver before you drop off your child/children at school. All PK students must bring one each day as well. If you have a student in K-8 and also one in PK, you will have to do one for the family and one for your preschooler. Sorry, but this is mandated by the State. Your child will not be allowed in the building if he/she does not produce a waiver upon leaving the bus or your car. Covid-19 Waiver Forms can be found here and on the school website under Parents/Forms/Back to School.
5. SCREEN TIME – for at home learners. The students will be online for all academic subjects. Their teachers will give them a schedule. When “in school” students have lunch, recess, breaks, gym, etc., the teachers computers will be turned off. We don’t want kids online all day.
6. AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES/PLAYDATES/WALKING INTO TOWN –Please make all arrangements for the above activities before coming to school each day. Kids are strongly discouraged from making phone calls for these activities.
7. All students should bring earphones, ear buds or whatever they call them these days to school each day.
8. If you do not have internet access at your home, please let me know.
CROSS COUNTRY REGISTRATION
Registration for cross country (girls and boys in grades 3 through 8) is now open for children attending school in-person and children who are remote learners. A sufficient amount of adult volunteers will be required for us to go forward with the program. Please contact Mike Ashton (email@example.com) or Kevin Bopp (firstname.lastname@example.org) to volunteer or if you have questions.
Please register through our website, http://assumption-school.siplay.com/site/. The link can also be found on the Assumption School website, under the “Athletics” tab.
Unfortunately there will be no soccer this fall due to many of the schools that we usually play not offering fall sports. CYO plans on starting the basketball season in early January. This plan could change and we will update you as more information becomes available.
Please contact Kevin Bopp (email@example.com) with any questions.
REQUEST FOR ACTION ALERT
In order to continue to receive Comp. Ed. Services, Chapter 192, for remedial instruction in Math, Language Arts, and Reading, please click the link below and send a message to the Senate and Assembly Budget Committee to assure our nonpublic students receive these services.
After school will begin on Monday, September 21, 2020 for grades PreK 4 – 8. PreK 4 will begin at 1:00 p.m. and K – 8 will begin at 2:15 p.m. After school ends at 5:30 p.m. Children in PreK 3 can attend from 1:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. only if they have an older sibling who is strictly a car rider.
Parents or guardians must fill out and submit the after school registration which is found on the school website under forms prior to your child attending. Please remember you must have a contact that will be able to pick up a sick child in the event you are unable to get to school in a timely manner.
Should you have any questions, please contact Janet Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org