FROM THE NURSE’S OFFICE:
We are receiving a lot of questions regarding regular sickness vs. Covid 19 symptoms and when to stay home. We will be using the following guidelines from the NJ Department of Health and the CDC.
Parents should not send students to school when sick. Please use the following recommendations which we will be using for school exclusion listed here:
- At least TWO of the following symptoms: fever (100 or above), chills, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, congestion or runny nose; OR
- At least ONE of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new olfactory (smell) disorder, or new taste disorder.
- At any time if you are concerned, you are strongly encouraged to contact your child’s doctor for clarity.
If symptoms are noted at school the parent or emergency contact will be notified to pick up their child ASAP. Students will be monitored and kept in isolation by the nurse until pick up. A note from your doctor will be required to return to school. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in these unusual and difficult times.
- All children must have a current physical and vaccination record on file in the nurse’s office. Physicals are good for 365 days. Please submit a new one each year after your child’s annual exam.
- All pre-schoolers must get a flu vaccine. Please submit documentation of this by December 1.
We look forward to a safe and healthy school year. Please feel free to call our office with any specific questions or concerns you may have.